There is a need to continually teach first principles.
What are the first principles?
- We would not build a house without first laying the foundation.
- To get to 2nd base we first have to pass 1st base.
- New Christians will not know them unless they are taught.
- Kids grow up in the church sometimes without knowing them.
- We may forget that we live in a confused religious world where we can be tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine, get sick and under financial pressure, be carried off by the health and prosperity "gospel' to the point of believing that if you truly have faith in God you will never be sick or lack for money. People can be deceived by all that.
These are the first principles of the oracles of God, the teaching of the first principles of Christ, a foundation.
- By this time you should be teachers, but you again need to have someone teach you the rudiments of the first principles of the oracles of God.
- You have come to need milk, and not solid food. For everyone who lives on milk is not experienced in the word of righteousness, for he is a baby. But solid food is for those who are full grown, who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern good and evil. Therefore leaving the teaching of the first principles of Christ, let us press on to perfection-not laying again a foundation.